Friday, April 11, 2014

Open Studio - April 11, 12, 13


Yes, Open Studios once again!  Collectors, Art Lovers, Curious People  Come one! Come All!

Free Shipping available also.  New Watercolors, Oil Paintings & Prints Available.

Inspiration for my paintings comes from nature, dreams and meditation. Spending time outdoors in the woods, fields and shores inspires my work. My buildings, whether factories or barns, are more of a made up composition then actual reality. Whatever the subject matter is, it becomes my fanciful, lyrical and mysterious world.  There is something magical that happens when painting, the process enriches my connection to the earth. Painting layer after layer of watercolors and oils ends up being a meditative experience.  The goal is to create a piece of art that can be a retreat from our hectic stressful world.

I am a graduate of the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts where I received a 4 Year Certificate in Painting. Some of my favorite instructors at PAFA where Will Barnet, Dan Miller, Louis Sloan and Joe Amoratico. I’ve exhibited in numerous galleries and museums and have received many awards for painting including the William Emlen Cresson Traveling Scholarship and was awarded a fellowship with the Center for Emerging Visual Artists and attended  residencies at Villa Arrigo in Florence Italy and the Margo-Kelb Dune Shack in Provincetown, MA.A partial list of exhibitions include the Philadelphia Artists Alliance, Center for Emerging Visual Artists, Nexus Gallery, Noyes Museum, PA State Museum, Stedman Gallery, Delaware Center for Contemporary Art, Prince Street Gallery, Widener University, Keystone Art & Culture Center and Stuart Levy Gallery. My studio was funded through a grant from the Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation. I’ve been featured in the Hunt Magazine, Signature Brandywine Magazine, Philadelphia Inquirer, Art Matters, Philadelphia Business Journal and Studio Visit Magazine. I regularly holds open studio’s where collectors view and purchase my work.  
“Red Roof Retreat” oil on canvas 24″x24″
Red Roof Retreat

No comments:

Post a Comment