Saturday, November 23, 2013

Open Studios every Friday Saturday & Sunday of 2013


Since I live on a busy corner property in Wawa, Pennsylvania, it's convenient to hold open studios.  I have signs out on the corner and art lovers stop in to check out my paintings.  It seems that many of my collectors come back to purchase more prints or originals.  My studio will be open every weekend through out the remainder of 2013. My studios located at 112 Wawa Road Wawa Pa.
If you're not close feel free to email me with any questions about my art.
Lauren@LitwaArt.com
www.LitwaArt.com

I spent a week in Acadia National Park painting.  Maine is an amazing place to paint.  Of course I'm not the first artist to have thought that!  This is a watercolor of Bass Harbor.  I've edited out many of the boats that where in the harbor and I've used white in the paint to create lots of different tones.

This is a view of Frenchman's Bay.  I painted this on location or Plein air.  It was cool watching the lobstermen unloading their traps. 

This is a friend's barn.  I painted it plein air a couple of months ago.  His sheep were walking by me as I painted the barn and sunflowers.  It's called "Meads Barn I" and is an oil on panel.

I've always felt close to the native american idea of respecting mother earth.  This is 
"Moon Totem Ancestor" ink and watercolor on arches paper 50"x50.5"
This painting is also offered as a print.  I had one made as a 40"x40" stretched on stretcher bars. 
It looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment